Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3837 Ignoramus3837 is offline

Default Wobble in Clausing variable speed drive

On 2010-02-07, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:50:15 +1100, "Grumpy"
wrote:

"Ignoramus20464" wrote in message
om...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOSb_VhQq8

My variable speed drive, both pullies actually, wobble when they
operate. I shot a video of it at 5 Hz. It appears to be crooked or off
center. Might be some bushing missing or something. It could be that
the wobble in the primary pulley causes wobble in the driven pulley.

Anyone would have any idea?

Not sure, but I'd pull the belt off and see if the bearing/bushing inside
the pulley has a lot of play due to wear.

Ayup. A very very common issue with Clausings and pretty cheap to
replace.

You guys mean the bushing inside the outer variable pulley on the
motor, right?

I will take the lower VS assembly apart today and will look, as I need
to get a few parts from Clausing anyway.