Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_3_] LouB[_3_] is offline

Default Weight limit of 2X6 attic floor?

Mikepier wrote:
I am nearing completion of my attic project. I recently put in an
attic stairs and putting in 3/4" OSB plywood for the floor, replacing
the old T&G planks I had up there. I live in a split level 50 year old
house. The attic is 2X6's spaced 16"OC. It spans approx 20' X20'.
Below are some walls forming a bedroom closet .Although I am not sure
if this is a load bearing wall for the attic, I would think it does
add some support. But realistically how much weight can be put up
there? Is there some sort of guidline?

Probably a lot more than you care to haul up those stairs.