Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default what kind of material do I need?

"Steve B" wrote:

-snip-

I am going to make some fake ocotillo cactuses, as seen on the Interstate at
the Cheyenne and Lake Mead Exits in Las Vegas. Simple 1" rebar for the
canes, then plasma cut sheet metal for the flowers. Absolutely simple, and
without taking a second look, looks like the real thing. Just have to
locate me a plasma cutter who will do about 500 of the little things for a
reasonable price.

Build your own for $260-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSqlZe9HYU

Way out of my league-- but it looks like something you could do. [and
use]

Seems like I saw a DIY one that ran off a graphics program a couple
years ago-- but I might have dreamed that part.

Jim