Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wet or Dry Sandpaper Multi-grit pack?

I buy from :
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/

The paper is cloth and some paper - and is sealed resin.
Quality belts, sheets. They have boxes of short rolls.
When a master roll that makes sanding belts is short -
it is sold in boxes at good prices. Fine and medium is
best. Large grits in medium and large.

Martin

J. Clarke wrote:
Bill wrote:
I've got a granite block and am set to try the "Scary Sharp"
sharpening technique on my planes and chisels.

I'll evidently require most of the standard grits of Wet or Dry
(silicon carbide) Sandpaper between 100 and 1200 (or so).

I obviously don't need box of 50 sheets of 100 grit, and 50 sheets of
150 grit, etc. (at $17.95 a box...).

Can anyone refer me to a site (or store) where I will be able to buy
several grits in a package (like 100, 150, 220), or (320, 500, 800),
or by the sheet, or any other way that makes more sense for my
present needs.

Go by any chain auto parts store (Advanced Auto Parts, Autozone, NAPA, Pep
Boys, etc) and they should have sandpaper in 5 sheet packs going up to 2000
grit or so for about 5 bucks a pack. It's a standard 3M packaging and any
store that sells 3m wet or dry should have them.