Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_3_] Steve B[_3_] is offline

Default totally OT

"kpg" wrote in message
47...
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

"if you can drop a million then who cares about shipping cost?"

Ya know, I've heard this argument before and it just dosen't make
sense to me.

I get your point but...I spend a million on an antique tractor, not
exactly a necessity item, so I have at least a million dollars at my
disposal. Shipping is a consideration, but even if it cost $10,000 to
ship, compared to a million that only 1% of the cost...not to bad.

Do you ever watch Jackson/Barrett car auctions? There are people to whom a
million dollars is nothing. Nor is paying $300,000 for a charity auction
car. Nor is it selling a car that cost $100,000 to restore for $70,000.
The auction gets 10% on top of the selling price, and then there are sales
taxes and all sorts of fees and stuff that can easily raise the price 15%.
They show their name tag and sign their purchase contract, and have another
sip of cognac.

I have tickets for the $140,000 million PowerBall tonight. If I hit it, I
think I just might be tempted to go out and make some "irrational"
purchases. Nothing in the high dollar variety, but with what I'd end up
with after taxes, I'd have a lot for low dollar items, that being $25,000
and the like.

First would be some extensive remodeling. I really like where I live, and
would not consider moving. However, a seasonal house in Kauai would not be
out of the question.

Steve