Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Cutting plastic sewer pipe below a concrete slab

On Feb 6, 5:26*pm, Mikepier wrote:
On Feb 6, 3:22*pm, JIMMIE wrote:

I need to replace a toilet flange and about a foot vertical of pipe
that is below a concrete floor. There is about 1/4 inch clearance
between the concrete and where the flange fastens to the pipe. Is
there any kind of tool that is made for doing this. I am considering
removing the table from my drill press, fastening a cutoff disk to one
end of a long rod and chucking the other end in the drill press to
make a saw that will reach down in the hole. Im pretty sur ethis will
work but I didnt want to have to disassemble my drill press to do it
especially if there is a $10 tool or something made for this purpose.

Jimmie

This sounds like a good application for a Dremel. Just curious why do
you need to remove a foot of pipe? Is the flange no good?

Flange is bad and there are a couple of splices below it that have to
be removed. It looks like repairs have been attempted on it before.
Not enough room for a dremel tool and my hand unless I want to cut it
off an inch or so at a time. I may go out to Northern tool and look at
some of their cheap drill presses though instead of tearing mine
apart.

Jimmie