Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Cutting plastic sewer pipe below a concrete slab

I need to replace a toilet flange and about a foot vertical of pipe
that is below a concrete floor. There is about 1/4 inch clearance
between the concrete and where the flange fastens to the pipe. Is
there any kind of tool that is made for doing this. I am considering
removing the table from my drill press, fastening a cutoff disk to one
end of a long rod and chucking the other end in the drill press to
make a saw that will reach down in the hole. Im pretty sur ethis will
work but I didnt want to have to disassemble my drill press to do it
especially if there is a $10 tool or something made for this purpose.

Jimmie