Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BSAKing@hotmail.com is offline

Default cutting ABS in situ - any super tools?

On Feb 6, 10:07*am, Mike Paulsen wrote:
wrote:
Thanks for the assist in plumbing in my new toilet location. That was
successful!

Now - *while I have the ceiling out, I have to cut out and replace a
rather convoluted bit of plumbing that has been leaking over the
years.

It is very difficult access, and I was wondering if anyone has tips or
tricks on what options there are to use to cut the ABS piping in
place? I'll have a tough time getting in with a hacksaw and there is a
lot of copper in close proximity so I doubt I can use a 'saws all'. I
had thought a grinding/cutting wheel on a drill.

It is a combination of 3" waste, and 2" and 1 1/2".

Thanks.

Cable saw

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/PDF/Free/021160066.pdf

Thanks! It sure pays to not be afraid to ask!!!!