Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Nagano Mini-excavator

John Normile wrote:
A friend of mine has a problem with his mini-excavator. It is a
"Nagano" NS-15. The problem is in the unit that rotates the cab and
bucket arm. After disassembly we found the pinion that mates with a
large ring gear is broken.

My friend was told that the pinion was not available, and he would
need to buy the whole new rotator unit for something north of 5 grand.

At this point we are looking for a source for a used part. After a
web search I was not able to locate a used part of even a used rotator
unit.

Any help in finding this part would be appreciated.

Could you just make one?

--
John R. Carroll