Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

On Feb 5, 3:33*pm, Ignoramus17710 ignoramus17...@NOSPAM.
On 2010-02-05, azotic wrote:

A report from the Congressional Budget Office shows that for the first time
in 25 years, Social Security is taking in less in taxes than it is spending
on benefits.Instead of helping to finance the rest of the government, as it
has done for decades, our nation's biggest social program needs help from
the Treasury to keep benefit checks from bouncing -- in other words, a
taxpayer bailout.

Social Security will be $28 billion in the hole this fiscal year, which ends
Sept. 30.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/02/news...curity_bailout....

Exporting jobs finally shows results...............

Tom, Republicans were always in support of "free trade", which is
associated with exporting jobs.

I also support "free trade", by the way, even though I voted for
Obama.

The reality is that, given our free trade treaty obligations and the
capitalist system, there is very little that we can do to prevent jobs
going to the lowest suitable builder.

So some impoverished villagers in India bid $3/day to make cheap vises
and poison their own environment, and guess what, that's where the job
goes and we cannot do much about it.

Those villagers cannot bid $3/day to build airplanes, so these jobs
still stay in the US.

It is not free trade that causes our problems, it is excessive
borrowing.

Not yet that is.

China is working very hard to become a viable airplane exporter.

In the future you will be driving a Chinese car.

And flying in a Chinese airplane.

TMT