Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Guidelines for posting FS items

Doug Miller wrote:
:What are the guidelines for posting woodworking equipment items for sale?

To add to Doug's excellent summary, we've had some small-shop vendors who
make production runs of dedicated equipment (planes; alignment tools; etc.)
make periodic FS posts and descriptions of their wares. What is KEY is
they were ALSO regular contributors on areas of wwing other than selling
their products. For example, a lot of what I know about steel I learned
from Rev. Ron Hock, whose posts here and elsewhere on steel, metals,
and toolmaking have been terrific. He also makes and sells fine plane
blades, and other stuff. So, if the OP wnts to advertise a small business
and its products, make sure to also be aregular community member here and
all will be fine. It's the hit and run types that bug some people (ads
every month, never heard of the guy otherwise).

-- Andy Barss