Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic azotic is offline

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message

My Mom and I are watching Beck every evening. It's becoming a sort of past
time.
She actually records his and Smith's daily broadcasts so we can watch it
together.
LOL
A couple of days ago Beck displayed and then explained his "Debt Clock".
He got a bunch of stuff right and then at the end added that the US had an
unfunded liability of $75 Trillion dollars.
Yep, you guessed it - Social Security. I paused the playback and explained
how rediculous this was and also that it just isn't, and couldn't be,
true.
She got it right away, especially the part about either raising taxes or
reducing benefits to correct any imbalance.

OK, she's an MLS from Michigan State but if a woman in her 80's suffering
from the early symptoms of either senile dementia or Ahlziemer'scan wrap
her
head around the actual truth, anyone ought to be able to do the same.
Apparently, Glenn Beck, Wes and a huge percentage of the population are
unable to be as rational as my 80 something mother.

--
John R. Carroll

Just curious, did beck explain how he came up with $75 trillion dollars ?

Best Regards
Tom.