Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Agreed, my intrest is in finding data that gives a clear picture of how
much revenue
in the form fica and medicare taxes is being lost due to exporting jobs,
i havent been
able to find any data and am wondering if anyone is even tracking it.

Best Regards
Tom.

You really won't find any data, Tom. What you'll find is endless
arguments.

This happens to be exactly what I'm working on right now. Based on my
first attempt to track this down around five years ago, my guess is that
it will take me at least six or seven months of steady research before I
have anything worth saying about it -- and I know I won't have a clear
answer, even then.

The issue is the net effect, in terms of jobs, types of jobs, and incomes
going both ways.

--
Ed Huntress

you saying that ed makes me wonder if ANYBODY knows, if this is yet another
massive uncontrolled experiment. they were just going on ideology when they
started this instead of having any idea how it was going to turn out.

b.w.