Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

"John R. Carroll" wrote:

Hey Tom, this was known to be on the horizon.
The Treasury doesn't need to help anyone because the huge surplus's will now
be used, as intended, to cover benefit payments.
The downturn in our economy has certainly reduced revenues, and that needs
to be adressed but SS will NEVER, and isn't able to borrow money. Taxes can
go up and benefit payments can be reduced but that's about it.

Are those the FICA taxes? As in making withdrawls from my 401K that has defered income
taxes only subject to the income tax?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller