Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Can I decrease the heat loss?

On Feb 5, 7:15*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
8 galons? Wow! Most folks scale way back on their electric
use during a power cut. One hour morning and night. Are you
leaving it run all day and all night?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I did last time. The city (power company) had a crew fueling the
generators in our area for a 2 weeks 24 hrs a day. The lines and poles
were down on our street, & they felt obligated to keep us going. They
supplied generators to folks who lacked them. My closest neighbor got
one of those & it was sufficient to power her well which we shared
through a long double female garden hose linking the 2 properties. We
are in an odd situation where we are in the city limits, but lack city
services other than municipal electricity. There are 8 house on our
road, but it is mostly open land / farms and ranches.