Mark Walters

Default looking for a career in plastering

"eddie" wrote in message
om...

I wonder how much can actually be taught, and how much is just down to
practice? I'd think it's mostly the latter.

So claims from those company's that run these courses that you can
plaster like a pro after a 5 day course are a bit misleading .

I'm halfway through a 12 week evening course in DIY plastering at East
Berkshire college at the moment. From having no experience at all I'm now
at the point that I would happily skim a wall at home. As has been said in
an earlier post, it's not rocket science but you do need lots of practice to
get the hang of it. The nice thing about doing a course is that you can use
someone else's wall to practice on. The teacher has been helpful with
advice on getting the mix right and other general tips but I think most of
it is just down to experience.

As also previously mentioned, I would imagine that working with a plasterer
would be great way of learning.

Mark
remove pants to reply
"I may be synthetic but I'm not stupid."