Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default OT - How Unique!

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:22:12 -0700, Dave Balderstone wrote
(in article 040220101822126674%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone. ca):

In article , Bruce
wrote:

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:12:23 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote
(in article ):

I think my brother has my old timing light & dwell meter.

I still have both of mine (dad's old strobe timing light and vacuum
meter), and they have about 1/4" of dust on them now, under my toolbox
in a metal case, my dwellmeter in the bottom of the box.

Vacuum gauges are still very handy for engine testing....

But as there's no way for a home mechanic to REPAIR an engine, why
bother?

Depends on what you have/know 8^)

A modern engine can still have valves/ springs/ rings/hoses go bad.