Tony Hayes

Default Baxi Bermuda boiler

Christian McArdle wrote:

Can you elaborate please - I've got one of these!

I mean for new installations. You don't have to get rid of existing ones.

At the moment, back boilers need a special exemption from the current lower
efficiency requirements to be allowed. Soon the efficiency requirement will
be made more stringent.

However, it seems this might be from April 2005, rather than April 2004.
Also, there might also be some sort of exemption for back boilers, but this
still isn't clear. In any case, I wouldn't bank on a Baxi Bermuda being
legal for new installations beyond 2005, although they might be.

Christian.

Thanks for that. Our boiler is about 25 years old but has been extremely
reliable. We were thinking about replacing it soon with a more up to date
model - apparently spares for ours are becoming more difficult to obtain.
May look at other options now though, just in case.

Thanks again.
Tony