Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Cracks around door frame

"Jo Ann" wrote in message
I have an inside door that has a wall crack all the way around the
door frame. I tried to find some info on this on the net, but the
assumption seems to be that cracks are extending out from the corners
of the door frame. That's not what's happened here. The door frame
is framed, if you will, by a crack all the way around. I know how to
fix cracks, but I'm concerned about whether this could be indicative
of bigger problems. What's your thinking?

Sounds like the door opening was framed to big or the builder ordered the
wrong sized doors and framing was added when they went to install the doors
and it was patched after the drywall was already done..If that is the case I
bet the other interior doors were too and just haven't cracked YET if they
are all the same size....Hard to tell from here if either the extra framing
wasn't attached good or just the door being opened and closed is cracking
it..Only one way to really tell and you know what that means...I would try
cutting out a V where the crack is and use Durabond to tape it to see if it
holds.....HTH...