Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default OT - Duct Tape; Gets rid of warts!

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
news

http://www.prevention.com/doctorsboo...medies/20.html
Umm,,, more of a myth or wives tale covering warts with any tape
will cause them to go away. Warts are actually caused by a strain
of HPV and unless they are surgically remove they will reappear.
Not saying in some remote cases tape doesn't help to shrink or
prevent further growth but there are no medically documented cases
proving tape as a qualified medical treatment.
A doctor at our states largest university teaching hospital
recommended duct tape for warts. And it worked!

I don't think I ever had a wart (except a plantar's wart on the sole
of my foot, which isn't the same thing)

But when I was a teenager, I had a bump about 3/16 across and a
millimeter thick that did't go away, on the side of a finger. The
doctor had me put tape over it for a couple weeks. It went away, in
less time iirc than I had already had it. I think the tape did it,
not just the passage of time.

When I was a kid, I had a bunch of warts on my hand. The doctor gave
me a prescription for a medication to put on them. Woke up one morning
and they were gone. He also told me a lot of folklore about warts
seems to work.

In one case, he had the kid trace his hand on a piece of paper, then
mark the location of the warts. He told the kid to have his mother
burn the paper and bury the ash in the back yard and his warts would
disappear in two weeks. The mother thought the doctor was nuts, but
in two weeks, warts gone.

So did this doc have tarot cards and voodoo dolls in his arsenal too?

Did the pharmacist have to kill a goat to make up your script from this
doc?

:-)