Posted to rec.woodworking
A Lurker A Lurker is offline

Default Watco Teak Oil

Thanks for all of the responses. I just called the guy with the table. He
followed the directions on the can of Watco Teak Oil(that in itself is
amazing), and on Tuesday evening put on two coats about an hour apart and
wiping off the excess as instructed. The stain stayed down fine and didn't
blotch.

Robert, I looked at the MSDS sheet and see that it is just BLO with some
thinners and driers. That is in line what my friend described, deepening
the stain tones but not seemingly offering any real surface protection. His
plan is to use the table as is for the Super Bowl party without any further
treatments, because it "looks good."

Any damage from use at the party, he will try another Watco Teak oil, let
that dry and then move on to wipe on poly. Putting anything more on before
Sunday would be pushing it.

Again thanks muchly!

Jerry