Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default EVER HEAR OF A 31/32-28 TAP?

On Feb 4, 12:57*pm, Randy wrote:
Some guy called me looking for a 31/32" - 28 tpi tap for a faucet. MSC
and Google both come up with nothing. *does it exsist?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Retaining ring for the spout on a kitchen set? Don't think there's
any standard sizes there. Bonnet on a wall tap might be a standard
thread about that size, for a given value of "standard", but I don't
think it's in the SAE thread set. Internally, the actual shaft part
that moves is a very coarse thread, some Acme, some multi-start, know
that from taking a hundred or so scrap ones apart, no standards
there. If you need a tap for that stuff, it's time to quit pinching
pennies and go get a new one! With a lathe, you can cut a new tap to
fit, but it'll take more time than a new one's worth unless you're
dead and your time's worth nothing.

Stan