Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary L. woodruff Gary L. woodruff is offline

Default Onkyo TX-SV717Pro will not come out of standby.

There is no relays clicking and no burnt components or even darkened
areas on any pcb. Ive got +13v going out from the pc but nothing coming
back on the power line(labeled on ps connector). I found q706 to be bad
and replaced it. I get vdd of 2.34vdc into q701 (microprocessor). I also
see 5vdc from the power switch shorting to gnd when activated. I do not
see anything coming out of the pin labeled power. I am thinking either
the IC should have a greater vdd or the chip is bad?

Thanks for any and all help
Gary

Gary L. Woodruff wrote:
I have a Onkyo TX-SV717Pro that will not come out of standby. PS is
sending 13v out. i have checked the output transistors and they are
good. does anyone know of a common problem for these amps?

Gary