Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Dyeing grey squirrel fur insitu

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:37:04 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .

If you do try to handle a squirrel, wear v. thick gloves. I picked up a
sick/injured one that was on the floor just inside a friend's conservatory
and, of course, it bit me.
My gloves were OK for handling bramble and hawthorn, but the bite still
bruised my hand - and hurt!
The squirrel died within the hour - I still wonder how hard a healthy
squirrel could bite (but I'm not volunteering my nuts!).

They chew on trees, you are lucky it didn't take a finger.
There aren't any gloves that will stop them AFAIK.

That's what wories me. The gloves were far better than most work gloves and
that squirrel wasn't even on its last legs!

--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.