Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Lyford Glenn Lyford is offline

Default Does anyone still use lantern toolposts

Nothing like using Armstrong (who makes lanterns and holder to this day)
tool holder to cut plastic and stuff that needs a sharp edge.

IIRC, Armstrong sells direct themselves.

http://www.armstrongtools.com/ECommerce/Category.aspx
and scroll down the left navigation to "workholding" (yes, I know it's
toolholding, but that seems to be where they've lumped it in).

I seem to recall paging through an Allen Tool catalog that listed a
bunch of this style toolholder as well, but in searching for them, I
found they were part of the Danaher group along with Armstrong, so I
guess that comes as no surprise.

--Glenn Lyford