Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Turkeys Voting for Christmas -- was The Lancet's VaccineRetraction -- A medical journal's role in the autism scare

On Feb 3, 5:48*pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 3, 3:46 pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:50 pm, "John R. Carroll" wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
news:dJKdnYSMoO6gKvTWnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@giganew s.com...
F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:20:03 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
snip

Off the subject completely but LaHood made a statement today that
Toyota drivers ought to stop driving their cars until they can be
fixed.
How's that for poking your biggest competitor right in the eye!
I wonder if these turkey's EVER think before they speak. I'd be mad
as hell if I were a Toyota shareholder right about now.
My tax payments would have just enabled one of my competitors to
mess with sales figures and the valuation of my equity.

--
John R. Carroll- Hide quoted text -

Well John...it is the truth.

There are a lot of "truths" that the government doesn't speak in
order not to distort the market.
The difference here is that GM and Chrysler are Uncle Sam Inc.
They provide fewer jobs combined in America that Toyota.

This is really the definition of self dealing and a great example,
from the other side of the looking glass, of moral hazard.
LaHood should be replaced ASAP. He's obviously either to stupid or
insufficiently self aware to serve in any capacity.

--
John R. Carroll- Hide quoted text -

And Uncle Sam Inc. is the taxpayer..you.

There is no conflict of interest.

You don't see the conflict when a government regulatory agency that owns two
competitors indicates that it's unsafe to use the product of a third party
thet it competes with?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
That is the very definition of conflict of interest. Legislators have been
removed from office for less.

--
John R. Carroll- Hide quoted text -

Yes...I see the "possible" conflict of interest...and I understand
your argument.

But John...it is TRUE.

If this defect were applied to aircraft, entire fleets would be
grounded.

This recall is not like others.

This is a defect that can and has killed.

And you have millions of affected cars on the road each day...with the
defect waiting to happen again.

If your family was killed tomorrow by an affected car, would you still
have the same opinion?

Since you sound like a Toyota stockholder, I would be sharpening up
your pitchfork for their management.

TMT