Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default totally OT

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:11:36 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

A friend of mine bought a tractor, used. Drove it home
(summer time) and it ran about 15 MPH on the open road, in
road gear.

This case, it would have to be loaded onto a trailer. As to
the oveseas shipping, no idea where to start looking.

When I needed to send personal possessions to a friend who had moved
to Geneva, I made a lot of phone calls, but i could have just gone to
the airport, door to door at the freight terminal to find someone who
flew there. They took all the boxes, put tthem on a 6'x6' pallette
and wrapped them in saran wrap. They would even have picked all 31
boxes up for 10 dollars, they said.

Later when I wanted to do something similar I went to hair port, but
after 9-11, the only way to ship was by going through fed-ex or UPS or
the post office, or be a company with an ongoing relationship. No
driving up to an intenational air shipper anymore.