Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris (SilverUnicorn)[_2_] Chris (SilverUnicorn)[_2_] is offline

Default Basement finishing COMPLETED!!!

Sure, we are amateurs.
Sure, there are some areas that could be better.
Sure, it took almost 4 years to finish.
Sure we hired a contractor to do the drop ceiling. We know when we're
over our hrad.
Sure that contractor went crazy because my walls were not perfectly
plumb.
Sure I should have posted this a year and a half ago when it was
actually completed

Sure was worth it though! Criticize if you'd like, but I am very happy
with the finished product. I will try to get more photos but here you
go....lots of "along the way" photos for your viewing enjoyment.

My wife and I did everything except the electrical, soffits around the
HVAC, and the drop ceiling. It's not perfect, but that's okay. We get
lots of use and enjoyment from the space. I honestly thought I posted
this before, but I guess I forgot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169657.../1049931/show/

And we got a pool table for the room as well

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169657...80385595/show/

We will get a bar for the bump-out area at some point, but for now,
that is not a priority (since I have a beer fridge )

Thanks for looking!

Chris