Michael Mcneil

Default Filthy Water

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:26:59 +0100, "Jason Louis"
wrote:

We recently had a new thermostat fitted to our immersion tank. The water is
now that hot that it melts the plug when I run a bath.
Also I went to run one tonight and the water is absolutely filthy.

do you have gas central heating by any chance? if so you might have
a"primatic" brand cylinder with a displaced airlock or defect.

If not,it may just be that the immersion is running that hot that it
is stirring up turbulence and muck in the bottom of the cylinder..

Sounds like a duff part or the plumber #-up puttingit in. Tell him to
replace it. It is a coincidence the dirt all came at the same time.
Probably cleaned the **** off the sides of the system. In the meantime
switch the system on only a few minutes at a time. It shouldn't need
that much time to warm a bath. A thermostat has very limited adjustment
range I believe. It certainly shouldn't be boiling the water.