Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Turkeys Voting for Christmas -- was The Lancet's VaccineRetraction -- A medical journal's role in the autism scare

On Feb 3, 3:46*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in messagenews:WL2dnYWfbalBWPTWnZ2dnUVZ_qmdnZ2d@gigan ews.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
om...
F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:20:03 -0800, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
snip
If the government is not exercising many of its
functions, responsibilities and duties now, why would any sane
person let them acquire additional power and responsibility?

Because it's been extremely succesful in - - - - *Canada.

You must have noticed that their own banking and financial services
industry avoided ( by direction ) *the noose the rest of the world
ran it's neck into.
snip
=========
A good argument for outsourcing. *How much do you think Canada
would charge to run the US? *Nothing else seems to have
worked....

I doubt that you could wrap a big enough ball of cash around that
order to get them interested.
LOL

I wish I'd saved the link to a piece Christia Freeland wrote for the
Financial Times recently.
You might have seen it anyway.

It's he

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/db2b340a-0...44feabdc0.html

Worth reading, IMO.

Off the subject completely but LaHood made a statement today that Toyota
drivers ought to stop driving their cars until they can be fixed.
How's that for poking your biggest competitor right in the eye!
I wonder if these turkey's EVER think before they speak. I'd be mad as
hell
if I were a Toyota shareholder right about now.
My tax payments would have just enabled one of my competitors to mess with
sales figures and the valuation of my equity.

He was a little over the top, but, as you mention in another post, he pulled
back from that one.

It's an interesting question: Should the government keep its mouth shut
about a safety problem in order to preserve the profitability of
stockholders at some particular company? It's too bad that LaHood overstated
the case, because I'd like to see that question played out in the Murdoch
Press versus the mainstream.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Considering that we have MILLIONS of cars out there RIGHT NOW on the
roads that can become a deadly missile AT ANY TIME I think the warning
was warranted.

If any of us have family members killed by this defect, their opinons
will change.

TMT