Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT air sourced heating. was ground source heating

dennis@home wrote:

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Feb 3, 2:15 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:

As an approximation I will assume the .

That's not a "bore hole", FFS.

MBQ

Sod off you are about as useful as drivel.

I'm beginning to think you ARE Drivel, or a close relation.

A "bore hole" GSHP is a vertical system, probably a sq m or two all in
surface area. Not "200m run of pipe work spaced no closer than 2m
implies the experts think you need 400 m2"

So you think its going to get all its solar energy out of a 4 m2 space,
you really are being stupid.

But the solar energy comes from the whole area..each persons house
occupies a LOT more than that area.

more than enough for the average household as it happens. If mutiplied
by 50% (pump factor) and if taken as an average.

average insolation is about 100W/sq meter. Over the year.

Typical outside temps are an average of 9C, so for say 19C indoors,
that's a 10C drop.

Taking a smallish house as a cube of say 100 sq meters floor area, total
external area is 600 sq meters.

That will in some way be warming the ground it stands on at a rate of
10,000W - 10KW average.

so to achieve thermal balance we need a U value of 10000/600 divided by
10 degrees C.
about about 1.6 or so. Well within current standards.

Ergo a house receives enough solar energy to completely heat it.
Provided that the ground under it gets the benefit of that warmth in
summer, and its pumped out again in winter.

If you don't like being corrected, don't post crap in the first place.

Don't start arguing again I don't like having to call you stupid and I
like it even less when you are so obviously stupid.