Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default totally OT

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 3, 1:12 pm, kpg wrote:
"nefletch" wrote
iuscommunications:

no idea, except that it was very old, and very rare. the
rumor is that he paid close to a million for it.

heh...if you can drop a million then who cares about shipping cost?

must be nice...

"if you can drop a million then who cares about shipping cost?"

Ya know, I've heard this argument before and it just dosen't make
sense to me.

Just because a person spent some given amount on an item, I don't see
how that says anything about the availability of other funds.

If I go out and buy a Rolls Royce, does that automatically mean I can
afford a driver for it - or even the gas?

If I buy a water front mansion, does that automatically mean I can
afford to furnish it?

The standard answer - If you have to ask, you can't afford it (and you shouldn't
buy it).