Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default Do you think splicing 100' of wire onto a GTO exit wand would work?

"Elmo" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:55:51 -0500, mm wrote:

she said the problem is that it will eventually break.

No, it won't. Not if it's soldered correctly.
Have you soldered much?

I have a propane torch, a smaller butane torch with soldering tips, and
the
Weller soldering station. I'm not all that good (I always seem to melt the
solder instead of heating the wires) but I'd consider myself ok with
solder.

Snip

Why not just replace the whole wire from the control box to the sensor wand?
Then theres no splices in the ground.