Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default OT - The Lancet's Vaccine Retraction -- A medical journal's rolein the autism scare

On Feb 3, 10:18*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

The bigger point is, the world population is but a cageful of guinea pigs
for Big Med and Big Pharm... *need I cite countless example after example
after example? *Or the invention of disease just to sell drugs. *Restless
Leg Syndrome, inyone?

No thanks, I've already got it. And I can assure you, it is no joke.
Now, the interesting thing is that I got RLS as a side effect from
another "safe" drug.

If you want to talk about drugs in search of diseases, take a look at
statins. They were looking for a drug to lower blood pressure. They
found that statins lower cholesterol. They knew that people with high
cholesterol levels had lower life expectancy, so they marketed the
hell out of this stuff. As far as I know, there has not been a single
scientific study that shows that lowering cholesterol levels by taking
statin drugs increases life expectancy. But they sell this stuff by
the boat load.

I'm trusting that Ed will correct me if I'm wrong about the statin
studies :-)