Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Two parties

In article , Upscale wrote:
On Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:32:35 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:
I agree. We should help him kick the habit.

Why?
a) What if he doesn't want to?
b) Even if he does, why is that anyone's responsibility but his?

By your glib answer, can I assume that you're fine with addicts doing
whatever is necessary to feed their habits, just as long as it doesn't
affect you?

No, you may not assume that. You may assume that I'm fine with addicts doing
whatever is necessary to feed their habits, just as long as it doesn't cause
harm to _anyone else_.

And so, you must also be fine with addicts stealing and destroying
families to feed their habits, just as long as it doesn't affect you.

Incorrect again; see above.

Quite the selfish outlook you have there Doug.

Quite the set of assumptions you've made there. And with so little basis, too.