Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT air sourced heating. was ground source heating

dennis@home wrote:

You don't have to find geologically active bits dennis.

Go down any coal mine - below a mile its about 30C plus

Does not compute.. go down a cave, its nowhere near 30C.

Have you been down a mile deep cave, Dennis.?

I HAVE been down deep mines.

I am not lying.

Mines have stuff in them that warms them up, people, machines, etc.

Oh really. Ypou mean that all that solid rock they are in contact with
is a perfect insulator.

Even if it did I have no chance of boring down 1700 m.

This is a well written article IMHO

http://www.gecco2.com/consultant/gec...ce-energy.aspx

Well it is well written and agrees with what I said

"Ground Source Energy is latent heat within the top 100m or so of the
earths surface which is generated and replenished from the sun. "

Read on. As you get deeper, the heat rises. Due to getting near the
earth's core.

You didnt bother to read hat bit though.

I originally said, that the top 100 meters or so is more or less
constant temperature from the median of the air temp. About 9C in this
part of the world. Below that it gets hotter and hotter.

A bore hole will only work as long as the neighbours don't get the same
idea as there isn't enough spacing between the homes for the sun to
replace the heat.

more dickbrained half assed analsyis.