Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Tool idea

hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 2, 8:51 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:

How about a machine to make power cords more flexible by removing
the insulation? If it were unsafe, I'm sure the instructions that
came with my floor lamp would have said so.

Back when I was traveling to trade shows every week, I did just
that. I removed the outer rubber tube from the all the computer's
power cords. The resulting wire coiled up into a neat little, tiny
really, bundle.

Before they had polarized plugs, didn't you ever get a shock from a
lamp?

Um, no.

Why would you want to defeat a safety function? It took a while for
UL to get that requirement, but it has saved many lives over the past
25 years.

I wonder what the authorities will have to say about this product. Think UL will
approve it?