Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Tool idea

HeyBub wrote:
I think there's a demand for a device to equalize the sizes of
electrical cord prongs.

Imagine a gizmo similar to a bit sharpener into which you insert the
plug needing adjustment. A cutting wheel inside trims the larger,
neutral, prong to the same size as the other one. It would probably
have two cutting wheels to do both the top and the bottom.

I'd be willing to pay, oh, say, $14.95 for such a machine. It would
save an immense amount of time compared to massaging each plug with a
Dremel tool.
Heck, hardware stores could offer it as a service when you bought the
offending, crippled, tools - similar to free gift wrapping!

And as for safety, it's not an issue. If grinding down the neutral
prong WERE problematic, we'd certainly see some cautions in the
8-page safety instruction booklet that comes with and electric clock
along with all the other admonitions such as "Not for use in the
shower, Do not puncture, etc."

Another solution without a problem.