Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default totally OT

nefletch wrote:
This is waaaaaaay off topic, but I have a question for
those who may be in the know. We were talking about a
recent auction in our area. (central US ) A gentleman
from from England bought an old antique tractor, not
running. How much would it cost to transport a non-
running tractor to the coast, and then overseas to
England? some people have waaaaaay too much money.
thanks in advance

After it's packaged, figure $6/100 pounds to get it from Missouri to an
east-coast port. Less than that to get it to the UK. Say it weighs two tons.
$240 to get it to Norfolk, VA, another couple hundred to get it to England.
From Portsmouth I guess he can drive it home.

These rates are from years ago and may have doubled or tripled since. But
they won't be magnitudes greater.