Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Tool idea

I think there's a demand for a device to equalize the sizes of electrical
cord prongs.

Imagine a gizmo similar to a bit sharpener into which you insert the plug
needing adjustment. A cutting wheel inside trims the larger, neutral, prong
to the same size as the other one. It would probably have two cutting wheels
to do both the top and the bottom.

I'd be willing to pay, oh, say, $14.95 for such a machine. It would save an
immense amount of time compared to massaging each plug with a Dremel tool.

Heck, hardware stores could offer it as a service when you bought the
offending, crippled, tools - similar to free gift wrapping!

And as for safety, it's not an issue. If grinding down the neutral prong
WERE problematic, we'd certainly see some cautions in the 8-page safety
instruction booklet that comes with and electric clock along with all the
other admonitions such as "Not for use in the shower, Do not puncture, etc."