Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A test for young people

"Wes" wrote in message
news
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Food prices declined? Where are you shopping? Yukon Gold potatoes used
to be 2.99 for 5#
before the mid west floods one or two years ago, since then, stuck at
3.99
for 5#.

Marie Calendar, Boston Market, Hungry Man tv dinners up 10 to 20 percent
in the last year.

Before the floods? Are we talking here about THE Flood, with Noah and all
that stuff? g

Nah, there were some major flooding a couple years ago that hurt the
potato crop.

Jeez, Wes. You're giving us anecdotes about potatoes and TV dinners in one
town in northern Michigan when we were talking about national averages.

Maybe what the country really needs is a Hungry Man Prices in Northern
Michigan Index, to guide our economy...

BTW, Yukon Gold Potatoes are on sale for $2.99/pound at Shop Rite in Edison,
NJ. I could ship some to you. d8-)

Well, the Joe Six pack index would be handy. Maybe even the Joe Camel six
pack index for
those that smoke (I don't)

There are dozens of CPI calculations. Just pick the one you like. Here are
the basic, most popular ones. CPI-U is the one they usually quote in the
newscasts. BTW, the CPI-W (includes Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers)
is the one that's used to calculate COLAs for Social Security and VA
benefits. I think it runs Oct. through the following Sept. --

http://www.bls.gov/CPI/

I complained about the shortage to ConAgra, they sent a free coupon for a
dinner. I'll
just wait for new "larger portions" before I buy from them again.

Squeeky Wheel Syndrome. My wife is good at that.

--
Ed Huntress