Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Two parties

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:

And yes, luck has a lot of importance on a single personal level.
Just like driving drunk can go fine lots of times until one time it
goes wrong. Too bad for the other guy/gal. I don't want guns in the
hands of just about everyone. And I will let the police do their
job.

The police? You must STILL be drunk!

Police don't prevent crime directly - they investigate AFTER the crime
has taken place. Admittedly when someone calls 911, the crime is still
in progress, but most of the time it's over with. Speaking as an
ex-cop, I can tell you that maybe five times out of 100 we see the
perp. But one hundred times out of one hundred we see the victim.

Remember the maxims:
"When seconds count, the police are just minutes away!" or
"I carry a pistol because I can't carry a cop" or
"I have a weapon for exactly the same reason a policeman does - no
more, no less"

I am priviliged to live in a place where people are generally civil. And
yes, we all are vigilant and admonish teenagers who misbehave. When 3
years old, my granddaughter was escorted back to her home by a well-
intentioned citizen, because she seemed to be wandering around without
adult supervision. She was (with permission and foreknowledge of the
people involved) on her way from her parents' home to her grandparents'
home. Yes Radburn is nice:
http://radburn.org.

--
Best regards