Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default OT - M&W micrometer adjusting spanner?

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Harry Bloomfield expressed precisely :
Long shot I know, but...

I have an old Moore & Wright micrometer, which needs a little adjustment
to get the zero accurate and maybe strip down for a clean, unfortunately
it came without the little spanner. It is a little over 2" long, with a C
at one end, an open ender at the other and I understand it is standard
spanner for all models. I wonder if anyone might have one surplus to
their needs?

An hour ago I managed to track one down - Mitchell Fox, Leeds £2.29 each
if anyone else might need one.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Good luck. Make this adjustment after you have adjusted the nut that
tightens the thread.