Posted to alt.home.repair
Wilfred Xavier Pickles Wilfred Xavier Pickles is offline

Default Matching Ceiling White (paint)

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:07:40 -0500, " wrote:

The simplest fix for your situation would be to get paint chips for
"ceiling white" and compare them to your ceiling under daylight and
artificial lighting (daylight should be most accurate). Get the color
made - or, if you are lucky, the box stores and some paint stores have
sample size containers - then apply with foam roller on an extension
pole. Of course, reaching overhead with a pole might be more of a
strain than getting on a sturdy ladder so that you are close to the
ceiling without an extension. If the match is close and the new coat of
paint feathered out thinly at the borders, it might make a reasonably
close match. I would take pains to apply the new paint thinly so that
the difference in texture doesn't stand out.

Good point about natural lighting.

There's 1 spot in each of 2 rooms, and the tint is different.
So I need 2 matches. No problem with the feathering.

I think I will hafta mix myself. Maybe some grey with the ceiling
white I've already got. Play with it until I get close enough in
each of the 2 rooms.

Thanks,
Will