tarquinlinbin

Default Filthy Water

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:26:59 +0100, "Jason Louis"
wrote:

We recently had a new thermostat fitted to our immersion tank. The water is
now that hot that it melts the plug when I run a bath.
Also I went to run one tonight and the water is absolutely filthy, a mucky
brown colour.

Can anyone help with what the cause of this may be?

Many thanks
Jay

First things first,,if you isolate the power supply (best to do this
at the "fusebox" to be sure),whip the cover off the immersion heater
and you should find a thermostat adjustment,just tweak it down a bit
and see how it goes .

second,mucky water,,

do you have gas central heating by any chance? if so you might have
a"primatic" brand cylinder with a displaced airlock or defect.

If not,it may just be that the immersion is running that hot that it
is stirring up turbulence and muck in the bottom of the cylinder..

joe