Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Partition Wall

In article , HappyHunter
writes
Lobster wrote:

(I take it the shed is fully dry etc and there's no worries about the
timber studs/floorplate getting damp?)

David

Well, hmmmmmm ...

Floor dry. Ceiling (corrugated pvc sheeting), sort of (condesation
problems ... sigh). Walls, mostly and rectifying.I've redone the
pointing internally, but suspect the other side is pretty rotten looking
on one wall (haven't looked yet as it's the neighbours garden wall for
her). Other 3 walls, I'll fix internally as well as externally (that's
what I'm doing just now).

For the partition I think I should assume that the timers that touch
ground/walls could get damp, was thinking of some plastic sheeting
between wood and walls/floor to try and minimise contact with possible damp.

Although it's normal to have the foot plate of the partition on the
floor there's nothing stopping you lifting it off with a few inert
spacers to keep it out of the damp. Impermeable membranes can trap
moisture as well as keep it out.

Another tip is to prefabricate the basic stud partition on the floor and
then lift it into space before fixing top bottom & sides although it
gets a bit heavy once it's 4 or 5m long.

If there's any likelihood of damp or condensation then ply is prob best
for the sheathing.
--
fred