Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default More noise about climate

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
snip

One of the molecular biologists over at Pioneer Hi-Bred told me that they
(biologists) know how to do the gene splicing to produce bio-luminescence.
Goof ball that I am, I envision street lighting with glowing trees - and
can't help wondering just how much light might be coaxed out of a plant.
(Might I light my living room with a few well-placed ficus plants? If we
produced bio-luminescent grass for safer parks might kids come home with
glow-in-the-dark knees and elbows?)

Japanese produced glow in the dark pigs sometime in the last couple years.
And it all sounds very nice, but where's the Off Switch!?

snip