Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default More noise about climate

On 1/31/2010 7:32 PM, Han wrote:
Morris wrote in news:hk4u48$t8l$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

I'm not a biologist (IANAB?) but that _does_ sound fantastic. Movies?
Can you post (or send) a video? With a voice-over to tell about what's
shown? Please...

Someone in our division gave a talk of unpublished work showing time-lapse
movies like that. Two kinds of cells (tissue culture), identical but for
the absence of something fairly essential in one set. Movement of proteins
indicating movement of organelles was seen in the "wild-type" cells, but
not in the "mutants".

I have seen some more like that, but I don't have the references at hand.
I'll keep this in mind for a future posting. The voice-over I can't
promise.

I didn't mean to impose on anyone and then realized that I was, and I'm
not sure I wasn't out of line. It /does/ sound fantastic and exciting to
be able to see, but I'd like to retract all the pushiness...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar