Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Why aren't refrigerators & freezers designed to benefit from outside cold air?

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:44:45 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

As I previously posted, the
TOTAL annual electric usage of a new 23 cft refrigerator, with ice and
water at the door is around $95. And that's here in NJ, with
electricity around 17c KWH. So, where is the big savings to be had?

My last electric bill for one month was $26!

10 years ago my electric bill was $150 a month.

How did I reduce my electric bill? I know how to add!

I'll bite. Give us the figures you added-- or subtracted. What
were your electrical appliances then and how much did they use, and
what are they now & how much do they use?

My bill runs between $200-300 a month, but I'm not complaining. The
convenience it supplies is worth every penny to me.

But tell us what you've done to save so much.

Jim
[BTW- I don't think that $26 would keep you connected to the grid in
my part of the world.]