Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Why aren't refrigerators & freezers designed to benefit from outside cold air?

As I previously posted, the
TOTAL annual electric usage of a new 23 cft refrigerator, with ice and
water at the door is around $95. And that's here in NJ, with
electricity around 17c KWH. So, where is the big savings to be had?

My last electric bill for one month was $26!

10 years ago my electric bill was $150 a month.

How did I reduce my electric bill? I know how to add!

There was not any one thing which greatly reduced my electric bill. Rather
*many* things combined which ADD up to that savings.

And this is something people don't understand these days. That small things
add up. Same with spending. Buy a soda pop at a store once a day for $1 and
they say that is just a dollar. (It is actually $365 a year!)

But I assure you large billion dollar corporations know how to add. The guys
who get the big bucks there know how to search for a penny to be saved per
transaction. If the corporation has 300 retail outlets and each retail
outlet has 5,000 transactions per day, and they are saving a penny per
transaction, that is $50 per store per day!

$15,000 for all 300 stores per day!
$5,475,000 per year!
(All from saving a penny!)

It adds up... Learn how to add, you will save quite a bit!